The Suss Family {Denver and Golden, CO Family Lifestyle Photographer}

So, I gotta be straight with you. I like these guys. I had never met them before our session together, but I knew we would be a fit from my e-mail exchanges with Dave – just a good crew, ya know? And then I arrived at their home and yup… sure do think they are great! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love that. They were relaxed, let their two year old be a two year old, had a great sense of humor, said “YES!” to all my crazy ideas… and just had fun. I loved hanging out with them and actually, I told them I was going to stay all day… and I sounded like I was joking… and I was, well sorta. ๐Ÿ˜€ Esp, when Maia asked me to stay for cookies!

This was my first session back from maternity leave and it felt so good to have a camera back in my hands. I was so thrilled when they asked me to come to their home and capture some of the first memories with sweet Aidan, only a couple weeks old. YUM! Oh, and then there was Miss Maia. I am not going to lie, if I was two years old I would ask Maia if we could be best friends. She knows how to bring the fun and what adventures we would have!

So, my biggest problem? Picking photos for this blog post…. believe it or not, these are not even close to all my favorites. What a great family! Hope to run into them again and again! ๐Ÿ˜€

Take a look… you will love them!

Kate

ps- feels so good to be back!

EXCITING NEWS! Kate Borgelt Photography was named top Family Photographer by Colorado Parent Magazine two years in a row!

Are you on Facebook? I would LOVE it if you โ€œLIKEDโ€ the Kate Borgelt Photography page!! CLICK HERE

Julie PaisleyFebruary 14, 2014 - 1:47 am

Just PERFECT Kate!!! Love this session so much!!!

ChristineFebruary 14, 2014 - 12:49 am

Wow, Kim. These are just amazing. These are sooooo good. Love the kitchen table shot and the piano tutu shot.

DawnFebruary 13, 2014 - 7:40 pm

These images are so good! I love, love, love that first shot of baby’s feet on the bed. And I also really love the one of mom and kids and dog at the table, and the one of all the family together by the piano. There are so many great images here! Amazing work!

Megan DFebruary 13, 2014 - 3:20 pm

Ok…so these brought TEARS to my eyes!!! You are amazing at what you do!!! That second photo…just so on the money. A true representation of what it’s like in the life of a two year old. I love her snake. And the kitchen photo. And the family pile on in the chair. I love them all. What a gift for this family. WELL DONE!!

Laura ReauxFebruary 13, 2014 - 12:21 am

Oh my, these are gorgeous! I have so many favorites… b&w at the table, sitting at the piano, daddy holding her up. Love.

NickiFebruary 12, 2014 - 7:53 am

I love ALL of these! You’re right this family is so much fun, their personalities come out in every photo. That image of mom with the kids at the table and the dog in the corner is perfection! You rocked this session, every photo is full of amazingness!

RyanFebruary 11, 2014 - 11:02 pm

Wow, so many amazing photos!!! Seriously, beautiful work. These will be forever cherished by their family.

JacqieFebruary 11, 2014 - 10:57 pm

I love how you know what a day in their life is like. Such a sweet family. ๐Ÿ™‚

kimFebruary 10, 2014 - 9:25 pm

KATE โ€”ย unreal images!! These are my favorite type of images to see โ€”ย real but so SO beautiful!!!

KerenFebruary 10, 2014 - 8:53 pm

Really really LOVE these!! The picture of mom and kids at the dinning table is my favorite. It just tells the story of being mom…..you captured a moment that I would want to have years from now to look back on! It really made me teary eyed!!!! So great!

BobbiFebruary 10, 2014 - 8:26 pm

WAIT! ONE MORE!!!! The shot at the kitchen table with the sweet pup in the corner. Such a good story teller Kate… what you give to the people you photograph is SUCH a gift.

BobbiFebruary 10, 2014 - 8:24 pm

Oh wow Kate. WOW! Every image is magic. Two favorites… 1: the breastfeeding one that focuses on that sweet babies feet. 2: the tutu at the piano. AHHH!!! IN LOOOOVE!!!! High fives friend. HIGH FIVES! ๐Ÿ˜€

Laura CorniaFebruary 10, 2014 - 7:31 pm

Sure do love the Dave/Erin Suss family. The pictures are beautiful.