Jack at Two! {Denver and Golden, Colorado Family and Childrens Photographer}

As I plan a photo session I often ask parents, “What is it about this time in your life… about this time in your child’s life… that you always want to remember?” Oh, I eat up the answers… because they are always so sweet and simple. She loves walking to the mailbox or she squeals with joy in the bathtub… I love how he snuggles when we read books or I just smile when I see him digging in the dirt looking for worms. So perfect. And in Jack’s case his mom said…Β  He is completely entertained loading and unloading the dishwasher (how great is that!), he lovvvvves playing with his cars… and his first love? His lovey… a 3 inch tall stuffed dog he calls “Goggy”. You got it!

I love everything about this. Do you see? I LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF. I want nothing more than the photos I take to be treasured memories for… for a lifetime, for generations, for… well, forever.Β  So, as you scan the photos in this post… you may think – now WHY? did Kate take pics of Jack at the dishwasher? Well – now you know. Because it’s the good stuff. Just like the sweet, concentrated look on Jack’s face as he plays with his cars… The stuff, as a parent, that you always want to remember about your special, one of a kind, ain’t nobody like’em child.

And the one request from Mom? A photo in front of their first home. Done. and Done. πŸ˜€

Take a look… love!

Kate

…and THIS is “Goggy!”

EXCITING NEWS! Kate Borgelt Photography was named top Family Photographer by Colorado Parent Magazine two years in a row!

Are you on Facebook? I would LOVE it if you β€œLIKED” the Kate Borgelt Photography page!! CLICK HERE

NickiMarch 11, 2014 - 7:21 am

These are some awesome photos! Love all the in the moment shots you got of this little guy. My favs are the ones in front of the house, such a sweet memory to have. Great job on this session!!

MeganMarch 8, 2014 - 3:54 am

He is such a cuuuuuuuuuutie patootie! Beautiful photos, beautiful memories.

Megan DMarch 8, 2014 - 3:24 am

I love your photography!!!! You are so good at what you do! (And congrats on Top Family Photographer in CO!) This session is ADORABLE!!! I love little Jack holding his dad’s hand staring at the dog. And the one with his mama on the porch. Super sweet!!

ShannonMarch 7, 2014 - 12:03 am

How incredibly sweet are these!!! He is adorable!! Love the real life you captured in them all. So perfect!

Melissa YocumMarch 5, 2014 - 10:00 pm

LOVE lifestyle sessions! And this one is awesome! This little boy is adorable, and you can just see the wheels turning in his head! πŸ™‚ Love those family pics on the porch too!!

DawnMarch 5, 2014 - 9:36 pm

What a cutie pie! Love that shot of everyone in front of their beautiful home! And the images of him helping out around the house. What precious memories beautifully captured!

JacqieMarch 5, 2014 - 2:43 am

I love the “day in the life…” feel. Fantastic. πŸ™‚

ChrissyMarch 5, 2014 - 1:06 am

What a sweet little guy!! I love sessions that show real life, and you captured this perfectly, Kate!! Those last two family images are my favorite!

Stephanie BannonMarch 4, 2014 - 2:33 pm

I love sessions at home. What a pretty house and I love how natural and real these pictures are. You did a great job showing real life here and now. Super!

Sarah KristiansenMarch 4, 2014 - 2:21 pm

LOVING the one of him holding dad’s hand and looking at the dog. SO great!! He’s got such great expressions for a little guy! Beautiful!

RachelMarch 4, 2014 - 2:17 pm

What a cute little guy! I Love the pic of “goggy” too. And the family pics in front of the house are beautiful – great great job!

destineeMarch 4, 2014 - 2:16 pm

I think these turned out beautifully! I love, love the dishwasher pics because my little ones did the same thing. That totally brought a smile to my face! Your black and whites look amazing!
What a gift for this sweet family!

kimMarch 4, 2014 - 2:23 am

what a seriously adorable little guy! the last one is perfection β€” exactly what a typical moment probably looks like for them! i bet he doesn’t sit still for too long! and love the porch images!