One year later… {Denver and Golden, CO Family and Childrens Photographer}

Wow, how one year flies by. Last year this time, was the the first time I met this family. One year old, William, was just a few weeks old… and now look at him!??! Man, what a difference a year makes.

I gotta tell ya, it was just a few days before my first session with this family that I found out I was pregnant with my little man, Stone. I remember clearly… I was taking photos of William and thinking…no way… come September I will have a little one like this?!?! It was exciting and “how is that possible?” all at the same time!

But now William is on the move and Henry is as charming as ever! And my little man is in my arms… wow, I love what a year can do!

ps- I may have mentioned, I have a new obsession with photographing my littlest clients and their “Lovey.”  So don’t miss the photos below of Sweet Henry with Piper the bunny! 😀 If your little one has a lovey and we have some photo fun planned, please let me know. I love this stuff!

Under Piper’s fur, I hear the muffled voice of 3 year old Henry… “I love you, Pippey!” Such a sweet love story. Piper the bunny is one lucky rabbit, I tell you…

Shannon was an English Teacher and reading… as you can imagine… is central to their family. So, whenever I photograph a family, I put on my “30 year goggles”… you know, I look at a moment as if it was 30 years down the road. Like this one, when Henry will be 33 and William 31 years old – well on their way in life and maybe with a little boy of their own… and suddenly capturing something that is a daily ritual today, like reading books…becomes…well, magical.

EXCITING NEWS! Kate Borgelt Photography was named top Family Photographer by Colorado Parent Magazine two years in a row!

Are you on Facebook? I would LOVE it if you “LIKED” the Kate Borgelt Photography page!! CLICK HERE

MeganMarch 19, 2014 - 12:48 am

Oh wow, these are so wonderful and full of SO MUCH PERSONALITY! This is life and I love how you captured it.

ChrissyMarch 16, 2014 - 1:40 am

I love lifestyle sessions so much, and this one is absolute perfection!! So many wonderful memories captured!

KarenMarch 14, 2014 - 1:33 pm

Oh Kate, your work with families is amazing! Love the candid book reading photos. They will be such treasures later. Kudos to this family for recognizing the importance of photography as documentation of their closeness and love! Beautiful work!

NickiMarch 14, 2014 - 6:38 am

Oh my goodness these are fantastic!! I’m in love with every single image, especially that very first black and white. I also really love the one of them on the bed and you’re peeking in from outside the door. You perfectly captured what life is like for them right now. Awesome job! and congrats on being named top family photographer!!

Maggie MedemaMarch 13, 2014 - 4:05 pm

Oh my goodness, I love all of these but the reading ones are my favorite! Wonderful idea and beautiful images! And the ones with Piper the Bunny…oh man…

DestineeMarch 13, 2014 - 3:39 am

These are exactly the kind of images I would LOVE to have of my family! Love these images! I love that you incorporate their “lovies” what a fun way to hang on to those memories. These look amazing! Darling family!

TsoneMarch 13, 2014 - 12:00 am

My goodness!!! The first photo took my breath away! Wow, you’re amazing at what you do Kate. You and all your clients must be proud!

Jennifer CroweMarch 12, 2014 - 11:15 pm

Love these so much! That last image is just the sweetest!!!

Kellie PennMarch 12, 2014 - 2:27 pm

Oh.my.goodness. Why do you live so far away from me? These are precious. And the hugging the bunny photos? I die. Completely perfect.

NicholeMarch 12, 2014 - 12:54 am

I have always been a fan of your work… there is such great spirit and energy in it! And this is no exception. Love the cheerios on the floor in the last pic… every detail makes these photos amazing. Great stuff!!

LauraMarch 11, 2014 - 10:02 pm

Kate!! These are so wonderful!! Perfect captures of their ‘now’ life for them to enjoy their whole lifetime. 🙂