Everyday storytelling. {Denver and Golden, CO Family and Children’s Photographer}

I often get asked where I like to shoot the most. And I gotta tell you, it surprises people when I say “in your home.” Nothing beats capturing a family caught up in a fit of laughter while sitting in their very own living room,  or new parents fully immersed in a new baby snuggle fest in the nursery of their first born or a game of tackle in the backyard. Gah! I love this kind of stuff. There is just something so magical to me when I get the opportunity to capture a family… being their unique, perfectly imperfect, family… in an environment that holds so many memories.

… and just to throw it out there…because I get questions about it – all the time. Forget about the mess. My house is messy too. Forget about the renovation you wish you could do. Man, not gonna lie…I wish I could update a few things too! I totally get it! But I am gonna look you in the eye anyway and say – Let. It. Go. It doesn’t matter!  And let’s just capture the important stuff… focus on the giggle-smiles, and games of hide and seek, first steps, the water fights and the world of wonder in a world of bubbles. Whatever it is that when you get a pause from the chaos (insert miracle), and you see your children across the room imagining they are pirates, or doing their math homework or playing in the tub and think… dang, I don’t want to forget this. Let’s capture it! I would love to come knocking on your door.

Everyday goodness. I tell ya. Speaking of that… check out this family. Love them! And please make it to the end of the post… cuz, ya see, I was able to capture one of my most favorite photos EVER! Make my momma proud, kind of image. Cheerios, toddler, highchair, begging dog. Ok, enough said… go check it out. <3

XO!

Kate

And this image below… yea, it’s a favorite. It ranks right up there with one of my most favorite photos ever. Besides the fact Cheerios should use this sweet duo for their next Ad. 😀 General Mills, you know where to find me!

NickiJune 18, 2014 - 8:52 am

These are amazing!! Each and every image is perfection. You knocked this session out of the park!

Melissa YocumJune 16, 2014 - 8:50 pm

You’re SO good at this, Kate!! These are gorgeous!!

MeganJune 16, 2014 - 1:14 am

Wow. Swoon. Love. Dreamy. These tell such a wonderful story and done so well. Love the 2-up of giggles with daddy!

JacqieJune 15, 2014 - 12:46 am

Love the story you captured here. Treasures for this family forever. Beautiful!

MicahJune 13, 2014 - 2:37 pm

WOW! I love lifestyle sessions in people’s homes and this one is fantastic! Such a happy little guy! My two favs are the ones of him sitting on the floor surrounded by books and blocks! Great work!

Erin EvangelineJune 13, 2014 - 5:15 am

SO GREAT! I love home sessions, too, and this one is perfect! What a beautiful, smiley, baby! And the puppy at the end, just perfect! LOVE THEM!

TsoneJune 13, 2014 - 12:32 am

Home sessions are my favorite too! It’s the perfect comfort zone for kids. Great job!

Megan DJune 12, 2014 - 5:34 pm

KATE!!!! You are sooooooo. Dang. GOOOOOOD. Every single image is just awesome. I smiled through this entire post. I couldn’t pick a favorite. Actually I smiled harder when baby was smiling the hardest. And that last photo? Amaze-fest. You are good friend!

WilburJune 12, 2014 - 2:38 pm

These are amazing. Every time I see someones home in these photos… it makes me realize how dark my house really is lol.. That baby is so adorable.

BobbiJune 12, 2014 - 2:23 pm

Love this entire session Kate…. but the ones with the pup? AHHHHH!!!! I’M IN LOOOOOVE!!!!! Beautiful images of a perfect family. High fives all around!

JulinaJune 12, 2014 - 2:19 pm

The baby & daddy pictures! I literally laughed out loud! So freakin adorable! I can’t even stand how amazing these all are!

Katie D.June 12, 2014 - 2:08 pm

dude, I seriously cant pick a fav but if I had to choose, its the one with baby and dog. That shot is one I wish I had from my childhood. It is soooooooooo sweet! Again, I love all your sessions but this one takes the cuteness award!

BrookeJune 11, 2014 - 5:44 pm

Yes! Love home sessions with babies. These are all so perfect! Love the image of the three of them on the bed and the last image!

maike rinayeJune 11, 2014 - 2:55 pm

Aww, these are fabulous! Especially love the book and toy pictures. So great.

ChristineJune 11, 2014 - 2:54 pm

Happiest baby in the world!!! That Cheerios shot at the end is dynamite! One of my favorites I’ve ever seen.

shannonJune 11, 2014 - 4:02 am

DYING of that last shot with the dog!!!! sooooo gooood!!! his baby blues, shots with dad, playing with blocks…i could go on and on. what a wonderful session.

mirandaJune 11, 2014 - 2:47 am

Forget about the mess! I love it!! Dad’s smile is seriously contagious! These are fantastic!!!

abbeyJune 11, 2014 - 1:48 am

I am dying. DYING over the shots of dad and baby laughing together. They have the same smile!! And the ones with the blocks, and the dog… I couldn’t pick a fave either! Seriously amazing session!

RachelJune 11, 2014 - 1:03 am

I LOOOOVE these!!! I’m all about the at home sessions, and this one is PERFECT! That little guy is so adorable!

ChrissyJune 11, 2014 - 1:02 am

I love EVERYTHING about this session!! Lifestyle sessions are by far my favorite…what a beautiful glimpse into their lives! Fantastic images, Kate. And that last one is truly amazing!!

JennyBZJune 10, 2014 - 8:36 pm

kate, every single last one of these images is absolute perfection. i tried and failed to pic a favorite. this family will love and cherish these for years to come. really and truly, beautiful, wonderful images. lovely work, friend!

jessicaJune 10, 2014 - 7:50 pm

Swooning over all these images. Love your Everyday Storytelling! It gives families like this something to treasure forever. BRAVO!